This server is the Department of Computer and Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (CEECS) server for the COT3002L Foundations Lab. It also serves as a webserver to host personal pages for the CEECS students via the hostname student.cse.fau.edu.
How To Create Your Personal Web Page
- Login with your FAU credentials (FAU\userid + your Network Password)
- Be sure to use the backslash (\) before your username.
- Once logged in, create you homepage directory: mkdir public_html
- Set the correct permissions on your home directory: chmod 755 $HOME
- Set the correct permissions on your homepage directory: chmod 755 $HOME/public_html
Once the above steps have been completed, you can upload your HTML files into the public_html folder. You can use the File Transfer application in WinSSH to upload files. Be sure to have your main file as index.html. This is the default file that will be served when someone visits your homepage.
Your homepage URL will be: http://student.cse.fau.edu/~username
Where username is your FAU userid.
One of our students has also created a webcast that you are welcome to watch: http://fau.utipu.com/app/tip/id/5521/