The goal of our team is to provide IT solutions to allow our students, faculty and staff to accomplish their academic, research and administrative goals.
To that end:
- The IT Support website (http://tsg.eng.fau.edu) is usually the first source of support for general questions.
- We also have a dedicated Ticket system for Engineering students (via email at firstname.lastname@example.org) which is solely used for IT related help for engineering students, faculty and staff. This provides a more dedicated/custom support versus the general support for university students.
- Depending on the nature of the request, we also provide on-site support in both engineering buildings in Boca Raton as well as Seatech.
- By using the virtual desktop infrastructure (Private Cloud), we provide remote access to computing resources so students don’t need to come to a specific campus lab. Their work can be done on campus in a lab or from their dorm or from home.
- We provide croup training classes on IT resources twice a semester.
- We also provide One-on-One meetings with students and groups to guide them to resources for academic and research projects.
- Depending on the actual class and the software used, we also provide in class presentations at the start of the semester on using class-specific software and resources.