Access to this server is based on registering for certain classes. After registering for classes, accounts will be created after the drop add period. Accounts are created automatically and an email will be sent to your FAU email address. The email will include your user name and password.
Connecting to lamp.cse.fau.edu
- Open putty and type in lamp.cse.fau.edu under Host Name
- Leave the default port as 22
- Choose connection type: SSH
- Click Open
You should see the following security prompt:
- Click Yes on the security Prompt
Login using your username and password provided in your E-Mail
- Fill in the following prompts:
- login as: Type the user name as it appears in your email <Hit Enter>
- firstname.lastname@example.org’s password: Type in the password as it appears in your email <Hit Enter>
Please note: for security reasons, passwords will not be echo’d back to you when you type them into SSH. Just keep typing in your password as you normally do, then hit enter when finished.