Laptop and Desktop Recommendations
While we don’t recommend any specific vendor for Laptops, we do recommend the following as a guideline for Laptop and Desktops for students. We also recommend that students have a high-speed (cable or DSL) connectivity from home to fully take advantage of our remote access features.
PLEASE NOTE: As most of the applications that are used in the College are Windows based, we recommend our students to purchase PC based systems . For Mac, Linux and Chrombook users, we do have an extensive cloud based desktop system that allows you to access a lot of our engineering software from on and off campus. We provide software clients (windows, mac, linux, android, ipad) so you can access these cloud desktops using your own laptop or tablet.
- CPU: Intel i7 Laptop Quad Core
- Memory: 8 GB or 16 GB
- Video Memory: 1 GB MB NVIDIA or ATI Graphics Adapater
- Hard Drive: 256 or 512 GB SSD Drive
- Screen Resolution: 1920×1080 or higher
- 3 Year Warranty + Accidental Damage Protection
- CPU: Intel i7 Desktop Quad-Core or Dual Quad-Core
- Memory: 16 GB
- Video Memory: 2 GB min NVIDIA Graphics Adapater
- Hard Drive: 512 GB SSD or 1 TB SSD
- Screen: 24″ or larger with 1920×1080 resolution or better
- 3 Year Warranty