TSG offers the ability to send mass emails to engineering students in order to reach them with information on events, future course offerings(current class announcements can be done via blackboard), notifications, etc. We can target specific engineering students from a roster of currently enrolled students for the current semester. For example:
- OE Seniors
- CSE undergraduates
- EE Masters and PhD students
- All Engineering Masters students
- ME graduate students
- All Engineering students
- and similar groups
If you have a need to reach our students beyond existing facilities (such as through blackboard), please feel free to take advantage of this service. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the email:
- In the subject of the email, mention that this is a mass email. Ex: “Mass EMail to All CSE Students: Upcoming Lecture by Bill Gates on 4/1/2009“
- The students you are trying to reach (such as from the list above)
- A “body” of the email you want to send along with a “subject” line which we will use in the email to the students.
Important: please try to provide your own Subject and email Body for such mass emails as we at TSG may not always correctly guess the right words for your emails. Especially when you want to send a mass email to students advertising a future course; providing a good email Subject and Body will have better results with students reading through your future course advertisement emails.
If possible, please keep the emails short and with no attachments or extreme formatting (funky fonts, colors, etc). The reason is that students’ email boxes are often nearly full and large emails or stylings will bounce due to exceeded quotas.
Some recent examples of using this service include: Faculty mailing students about a new course, Departments mailing students about a lecture or departmental events, and local clubs/students mailing students about club events.