University and Engineering Drive Letters
Users logging into any of the desktops on campus or via our VMWare Cloud are presented with a variety of network attached drive letters. Here are the most common ones and what they are used for:
- M: University provided personal network drive (Quota: 50 MB)
- Z: College of Engineering Student, Faculty and Staff provided personal network drive (Quota: 2-10 GB)
- J: Student Homework Submission drive (Class Specific)
- O: College shared drive (Faculty and Staff Only)
- T: Student Assistant shared drive (Student Assistants Only)
- S: Individual Scanner Drive. (Faculty and Staff Only)
- Y: Departmental Shared Drive .(Faculty and Staff Only)
Further information on University wide Network Drives (Such as M:) is available at the OIT website http://www.fau.edu/oit/desktop/andi.php
How To Map A Network Drive
If you log into any computer in the Engineering Cloud your network drives are already automatically mapped for you. However, if you login to a computer in the library or another non-engineering computer lab on campus you will have to map the network drive manually.
Note that M: Drives can be access using the web following the instructions here: http://www.fau.edu/oit/desktop/andi.php
Z: Drives can only be access via the Engineering Cloud or from your laptop while on campus. We don’t have a web based access as of yet. Instructions on accessing your Z: drive while on campus is provided here: https://tsg.eng.fau.edu/about-your-z-drive/
Using the steps above you must also select “Connect using different credentials“. You will be prompted for a user name and password. The user name is your FAUNetID including the prefix “fau\” so if my FAUNetID was jsmith I would type into the user name field “fau\jsmith” (without the quotes).