ChemBioDraw Ultra Suite
The Scientifically Intelligent Drawing Suite for Chemists and Biologists
The ChemBioDraw® Ultra 13.0 suite provides scientists with an up to date collection of scientifically intelligent applications for chemical structure drawing and analysis combined with biological pathway drawing. ChemBioDraw® Ultra 13.0 is the industry standard structure drawing suite for the serious professional to draw accurate, chemically-aware structures for use in database queries, preparation of publication-quality graphics, and entry for modeling and other programs that require an electronic description of molecules and reactions as well as advanced prediction tools and full Web integration using the ChemDraw ActiveX/Plugin. ChemBioDraw® Ultra 13.0 also provides a drawing tool for biological pathways. It includes common pathway elements (membranes, DNA, enzymes, receptors, etc.) as well as the ability to import other elements. One of the advantages over alternative pathways drawing tools is the integrated power of ChemDraw’s chemical intelligence. ChemBioDraw Ultra is the gold standard for chemical and biological drawing, publication, and query preparation. ChemBioDraw Ultra includes MNova Std/Lite, Chem3D Pro 13.0 (W), ChemBioFinder Ultra 13.0 (W), ChemBioViz/ChemOffice, ChemBioFinder/Office 13.0 (W), the ChemDraw and Chem3D (W) ActiveX Pro Controls &
Plugins, and the ChemINDEX (Index, RXN, NCI & AIDS) Databases (W).
“(W = Windows Only)”
ChemBioDraw® Ultra 13.0 Suite Highlights in Version 13.0
Biopolymer toolbar with disulfide and lactam bridges, beta and D-amino acids, DNA, RNA, protecting groups and linkers.
Paste peptide, DNA and RNA sequences and have them interpreted chemically with sequence wrapping and shaping.
New Gel Electrophoresis Plate Tool provides arbitrary rotation for lane labels, drag and position band labels, paste data from Excel or other sources, and copy and paste between lanes.
Calculators for pKa, LogD and LogS enable scientists to explore important bioavailability properties such acid dissociation, distribution and aqueous solubility for putative compounds
Collaboration is easier than ever as scientists can now use Dropbox™ to save , share and import ChemBioDraw structures, reactions and drawings using a secure, sharable Cloud location
NOTE—presently we have v. 12.0 and v. 13.0 becomes available on April 1, 2103.
INSTRUCTIONS for DOWNLOADING
1. Use Firefox or GoogleChrome as your web browser and visit:
2. Enter your e‐mail address and click on submit.
3. You should see a web page with “Yes! Your institution has set up a site license and now you can
download software.” Click on the Continue button.
4. Next you will need to sign into the PerkinsElmer Informatics User Registration. Click on the
5. Next you will need to fill in the information that has the red asterisk or mandatory information
required to proceed. This information includes: Email Address, Password, Personal Information,
First Name and Last Name, Country, Organization (You might need to physically type in Florida
Atlantic University to get this to work. The webpage may not let you simply click on Florida
6. Open a new browser window and type in:
7. Type in your FAU email address and password and click Submit. This will take you to a new page
and then click Continue. This will take you to the download page. “Click Here to Download
Software 1”. Please choose the appropriate download link (ChemBioDraw Ultra 12.0 Download
– Windows/Mac depending on your computer) and proceed with the download.
8. A window will open and “Save File”. This will download the software to your computer.
9. Run the executable file that you just downloaded and it will install the software on your
computer. Choose the defaults or your preferred settings to install the software.
10. Open the software from “All Programs” from the Windows Start button. It will ask you for the
serial number to continue. Go to your fau.edu email and you should have received a serial
number in an email message from firstname.lastname@example.org after
Registering. It should look something like 241‐272156‐XXXX. You will need to input this serial