University and Engineering Drive Letters
Users logging into any of the desktops on campus or remotely via our GENIE Citrix Access are usually presented with a variety of network attached drive letters. Here are the most common ones and what they are used for:
- Z: College of Engineering Student, Faculty and Staff provided personal drive (Quota: varies)
- M: FAU provided personal drive (Quota: 50 MB students and 200 MB faculty/staff)
- N: Temporary files location (30-day retention). Faculty and Staff Only
- O: FAU provided college specific drive (Quota: 2 GB). Faculty and Staff Only
- Q: University Wide read-only drive for public information
- H: Legacy drive for access to pluto.cse.fau.edu. CEECS students Only
- S: Scanner Destination Personal Drive. Faculty and Staff Only
- Y: Shared Drive for College. Faculty and Staff Only
Further information on university wide Network Drives is available at: http://www.fau.edu/irm/desktop/andi.php
How To Map A Network Drive
If you log into any computer in Engineering your network drives are already mapped for you. However, if you login to a computer in the library or another class room on campus you will have to map the network drive your self. You cannot map a network drive at home but you can access your Z: drive data from pluto.
Using the steps above you must also select “Connect using a different user name” – XP or “Connect using different credentials“ - Win 7. You will be prompted for a user name and password. The user name is your FAUNetID including the prefix “fau\” so if my FAUNetID was jsmith I would type into the user name field “fau\jsmith” (without the quotes).